- The worship service will be in Spanish and English -- songs/prayers/sermon/
communion. Various members of our CBC Immigration Justice Group will be worship leaders.
- Our guest preacher for the day is Rev. Doug Avilesbernal, from Calvary Baptist Church in Norristown, one of our sister congregations. Doug is a wonderfully warm and wise person. He is Mexican, but grew up in El Salvador. In Norristown, Doug is personally and pastorally involved with the Mexican immigrant community.
- The service will include communion, which at CBC is always open, with everyone invited to take part in sharing the common bread and the cup as an expression of God's radical welcome.
- To close the worship time, a Mexican folkloric dance group from Norristown will perform "Las Chiapanecas" -- a folk dance from the State of Chiapas, Mexico.
- We'll have some time after the service for conversation and refreshments.
We're hoping this will be a good way to continue to reflect on immigration justice following the New Sanctuary Movement retreat hosted at Mishkan Shalom on Saturday, April 30th. Remember, too, that the New Sanctuary retreat will begin with participating in Mishkan's Shabbat service at 10am. Let me know if you need details about the retreat plans.